Saturday, December 6, 2008

We did it!!

The St. Jude Half-Marathon was today and it was great!! Josie and I had so much fun and finished in a respectable time of around 2 hours and 15 minutes! We were so proud of ourselves- the only people prouder were our sweet husbands who were cheering us on the whole way! We made our trip to Memphis complete with a great dinner last night and celebratory lunch and champagne after the race! Here are a few pictures of the experience.


Finding our numbers to pick up our packets on Friday night- I was the dork who pulled out my camera!
The start of the race

Waiting to start running!

At the finish- in Autozone park!

Celebrating at Houstons!




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so proud of you girls!!! You don't even look like you broke a sweat! Tell Josie that I said hello!

Anonymous said...

congrats Whit. i know it was pretty cold, way to stick it out!

The Felkins said...

I told Cecilia that I was more excited for you and Josie than for us! You rock!!! Sad we did not see you, but I was glad we got to chat a little!

Ashley Teague said...

okay y'all look way too cute to have just run a half marathon!

Kathy said...

I couldn't agree more with Ashley! Can you imagine my red face at the end...yikes!

Labels