Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Blog Award!


Ok, this sounds much more important than it is, but I think it is fun nonetheless! My friend, Katy, from college who lives in Texas nominated me- so thanks, Katy! She has so many friends who blog, so it seems to be a fun award that is passed around her Texas friends! So here are the details-

"When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"

So, here goes the 10 honest fact part:

1. I do not like to cook. I wish I did, really. I am not that good at it, but I think that has more to do with the fact that I try really hard not to do it! There is a great tradition at our church of bringing dinner to couples who just had babies. I am the slacker that just calls the couple and asks them to point me to a restaurant they want takeout from- no one has really complained, though!

2. I really do not like the whole "New Year's Eve" celebration thing. I think it is over-rated and over-hyped. We are getting together with our community group tonight to celebrate with a progressive party through our neighborhood, and I know it will be fun, but curling up on the couch with my hubby seems fun, too!

3. I have been off for 2 weeks around Christmas, and I have realized one thing about myself- it is a good thing I work and have to be presentable everyday or I would stay in sweatpants! I have only gotten dressed when I have had to the past two weeks, and I loved every minute of it!

4. My family has spent Christmas day and night in our pajamas the last two years, and this tradition has become one of my favorites of Christmas! We move from my house to my moms and the jammies stay on! Even Eric, sister Natalie's boyfriend, has gotten in on the fun!

5. My two-year-old watches way too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It is something I am working on, but it is occupying him while I blog!

6. My two-year-old is not a good eater, and I feel like I am not helping the situation. He has some food allergies and is very picky, so it is just easier to let him live on chicken nuggets, fruit, spaghetti, with a few dum-dums and oreos thrown in. This goes back to the post about not liking to cook- I need to work on it!

7. I am really bummed that Auburn is not going to a bowl game this year. Just doesn't quite feel like New Year's football without the Tigers to cheer on!

8. I still have my Christmas decorations up. I usually take them down on New Year's day while watching football. I am not looking forward to that process this year. I always hate it when the Christmas season is all over.

9. I believe in Seasonal Affective Disorder and have it myself. This is basically when you get the winter blues- usually related to no sunshine. We went through a 10 day span earlier this month with no sunshine, and it was no fun! I was in the car and just pulled into my least-favorite town to work in when the sun finally came out. I actually cried with joy to see the sun! After thanking the Lord, I called my husband and my work partner, Hanna, just to tell them that I had seen the light in McKenzie!

10. I am trying really hard to resist getting on facebook. I have so few friends around here and from college who blog because they are all on facebook and keep up with each other that way. I know that if I sign up, I will be on there all the time, so I am trying to refrain, but I would love to be able to stay in touch with more friends. We'll see...

Ok, I have two blogging friends to pass the award onto... Kathy and Holly! Congrats, girls!

1 comment:

The Muncies said...

is this me?? hilarious if so -- I just cleaned everything off my blog -- tired of looking at it! :)

Labels