Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Festivities...

We have had a fun Christmas Season around here! Cooper has had a blast, and he seems to be grasping the true meaning behind the season (as much as his 3-year-old brain will allow). He has played with several nativity toys (with one he nicknamed Joseph- Joe), and the other day had the funniest question for me. As we were driving down the road, he asked how Jesus was born in a manger if babies were born in hospitals. He wondered if Mary went to the hospital to "get under the cutter thing" like I did when I had Reese Ann. Since I did not want to describe to my little boy how else babies are born other than c-sections, I said that Joseph must have helped Mary birth Jesus.

Photobucket
A more commercial Christmas tradition that we started this year was the Elf on the Shelf. In all honesty, I thought it might help get strong-willed Cooper to mind a little better- not sure if it worked but it has been fun! Cooper named him Jack, and one morning Jack brought Cooper and Reese Ann a treat from Santa.

Photobucket

Cooper had his first-ever Christmas program at school. The director of the program warned that sometimes the 2-year-old class will be scared of the crowd. Luckily, Cooper was the opposite- he hammed it up the entire time!

Photobucket

the whole crowd of kids

Photobucket

and Santa was there too!

Photobucket

1 comment:

NorthParkAve said...

I wish you would come decorate my house next christmas..i love looking at your decorations in your pictures-love the candy canes!!...your kids are pretty cute too:)

Labels