Monday, June 15, 2009

Blog slacker & new camera

I am back. Since I have been pregnant, I have struggled with creativity about posts on the blog and, usually, failed miserably. I have had to remind myself that the main reason I like to blog is to capture what is going on in our lives, and Cooper's life especially, without scrapbooking! So, I'm back to catch up, and hopefully, I will gain inspiration as September 4th (due date) comes along. I will definitely be spending some of these hot (94 degrees already this week) afternoons with my feet up in the air-conditioning over the summer weeks to come!

Speaking of feet being up, my friend, Katy, who is also pregnant & due next month wrote the funniest post about her daughter "catching" her pregnancy symptoms. The same thing happened to us this weekend at the river. As most of you know, I have had constant nausea since January. At the river, the heat got to me, and I had to retreat to the bedroom to rest in the cool air, and I had to explain to Cooper that my stomach did not feel well. A few minutes later, he was in the bed with me telling me that his stomach hurt, too, and that he needed to lie down and rest with me- too funny!

Over the last few weeks that I have not blogged, we also acquired a nice new camera that is super-fast and great quality. I wish we would have gotten one years ago! So please excuse the abundance of pictures that will follow!

eric & Cooper
Cooper and his soon-to-be uncle Eric at the river

cooper on waverunner
the best way to contain a 2-year-old on a houseboat- please ignore his pajama top. He would not take it off, and I am choosing my battles wisely these days!

cooper smiling on waverunner
enjoying his special seat!

cooper driving houseboat
loving "driving" G-Chip's boat

Dan & Cooper in ski boat
Cooper loves his daddy, and boat rides at the river!

sunset- pilots knob
the beginnings of a sunset over the hill known as "pilot's knob" which is next to the camp where Dan & I met 12 years ago this summer!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Too funny! :) So glad to know that it's an epidemic all over the country and not just my daughter! ;) hehe
I'm so sorry you're still having the nausea---I'm telling you, it's GIRLS! That's how I was with AnnMarie! I guess their hormones start driving us crazy from day one and never stop!!

The Felkins said...

Great pictures, Whit! Love that the setting is at one of our favorite spots...the river!!!

NorthParkAve said...

Oh, my...Cooper looks so grown in these photos--such a handsome little guy.
I could smell that "river" smell while i looked at them, too.

Labels